At first some key facts about Petrohrad:
- biggest bouldering area in Czech
- Rock: Sharp and slopy/crimpy granite
- Height: Most boulders end at about 3m, but there are also many highballs to climb
- Difficulty: Fb 2 - Fb 8c
- Around the villages of Petrohrad and Zhile
- 45 minutes drive from capital Prague
- Camping 10 minutes away from Petrohrad
- guide: Petrohrad and surroundings by Petr Resch, Jirka Sika
I had two perfect one day sessions during April: The first we spent in three of the most famous (and best) areas "Pod Hradem", "Brána" and "Vyhlídková Skála" on the other hill side.
In Pod Hradem it was my plan to climb the awsome roof of "Grace Runners" 8B, a crimpy section which leads into the morpho "Tomb Raider" 8A. In the end it only was possible for me to crush "Hrob neznàmého boulderisty" 7C+ in a few tries. At our way to the other areas we stopped at the highlight boulder "Vasek" 7C
April Petrohrad session from Bechtold Fabian on Vimeo.